Pages

October 1, 2013

Potential Gunblade Build

I've been interested in a gunblade build on and off for awhile now and now that I have a bit more time in the evenings and a bit more cash in my pocket I thought the time was right to get it started.

I thought about replicating a gunblade from the games, but I have decided against that and I want to design something of my own, I want to keep the rifle styled handle, the revolver section, but I think I'll be going with something along the lines of a meat clever for the blade.

I would love to craft this in steel but I don't have the equipment for that so I'll be using MDF board, which is cheap and easy to work with. Once I get the design nutted out, building the gunblade should be pretty easy. What I'm really interested in with this build is the paint job, I've been watching a lot of prop painting and antiquing videos lately and the results can be quite amazing, I haven't done painting like this before so it should be interesting.

So in the interim I'll be exploring some design ideas, doing some sketches and gathering reference materials and resources, all of which will be the subject of my next build post, so until then, catch ya later.

A quick example of prop painting I found on Youtube.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll try my best to get back to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...